The rooster's crowing woke me up the following day, my Berries I wasn't sure if I missed any of that noise. I rose up and got myself ready, feeling absolutely miserable about how I had ended the previous evening with Raz. Why was I such a nutty Berry?! Why did I continue to allow things to get to me, and then they always seemed to rip apart all the goodness in my life. Enough of that really, I tossed those thoughts aside and gathered myself up. The horses needed tending and I needed to get myself back in the ranching groove.
Afterwards I just needed to reach out to Raz, and apologize. Maybe he would consider coming for another cup of chai or help me with other things. WTB was I thinking? I am not sure but I thought it would at least be worth it to try and reconnect after how awful I came off. I didn't need him thinking I was coocoo for berrypuffs now did I?!
So I stared at the phone...
The ring tone was rather alarming at first, I guess I couldn't believe I was actually giving him a call. At least I hope it was his phone number left on the tack board. Ring, ring, ring...
What was I doing?!? The ringing seemed endless and my nerves were getting the better of me, I am not sure why. But I knew being smitten with him must only be a schoolgirl's crush.
"Hey..." His voice chimed on the other line.
"Hey! Raz?" I spoke up, my voice pitching into an embarrassingly high tone. I shook my head and continued to make a fool of myself, "Raz, I just wanted to say how sorry I am." I wasn't going to wait for him to reply, "I am not sure what had gotten into my mind, but I am a fool, I really just think that it would be amazing if I could make it up to you. Chai, food, no-" WTB was wrong with my mouth and its connection to my brain all of a sudden?! "I mean whatever you think would be great honestly." I trailed off, feeling my cheeks getting toasty with the color build up in them.
"Oops, sorry you just missed me, but I would love to hear back from you, leave your name and number and I'll see what I can do!" His voice on the other line chimed in again, interrupting my hapless efforts at a conversation only to realize it was his voicemail. I had been tricked by the hesitation after the initial greeting. WTB, I wanted to palmface so badly.
Instead I stared for a moment, leaving only my embarrassment for a message.
I ended the phone call and stood there for a moment. I wasn't sure if I dodged a bullet, but perhaps I could try later. I knew I was going to have to let my gut wrenching experience fade away on it's own. Until then I gave up and went back to tending the horses, feeling like I had just made the biggest loser out of myself and how I was acting.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Razzmatazz's PoV
I hadn't been able to really sleep last night... The crowing of the rooster was pleasant and I finally could get up and make it right. I wasn't sure what had happened at the ranch, I guess it didn't really help by making unwanted conversation with the topic I had picked. But Cane truly was like a father to me, and I wasn't sure what Moon was talking about. I can't believe how horrible I am with first impressions, especially when I finally got to see her. Cane did her no justice in speaking of her beauty, I was just happy to have finally gotten to see the picture up close and personal. Maybe a little too personal for beginnings. Cane had left me in charge of most duties at Elysian Skies, I am not sure if I can stay away from there though at least not now that I know she's back. Something just intrigues me, but WTB am I thinking like this, or even feeling like this for someone I hadn't even met until yesterday. WTB indeed...
I slapped myself out of those awkward thoughts and gathered up my stuff, slipped on my boots and headed across the way. I will just steer clear of anything related to her father, but perhaps she'll let me make it up to her, at least that it what I thought when I approached the paddocks at Elysian Skies. I admired her from afar... I hope that wasn't too creeperish, but I lingered for a few moments before approaching her.
"Hey!" I called out, making sure she knew of my presence, I didn't want to freak her out or anything. But she jumped, and made the sweetest little yelp. I guess I was a bit creeperish, sneaking up like I wasn't sure what I was doing.
"Did I scare you?" I inquired, looking down a moment, feeling like a real jackass.
"No, it's fine, I just thought maybe you... did you get my call maybe?" She asked, her face contorting with confusion as she spoke.
"What phone call? I usually leave my phone in the pickup..." I trailed off, curious as to what she might be speaking of, a phone call? I could only wonder what it might have been for, maybe she needed my burly berry self around, I boasted secretly to myself.
"Oh! No reason, I mean just, nevermind!" Her face straightened out and she stared at me a moment, I could see her cheeks burning with the rosy color of blush. This made me even curiouser of what I might have missed but soon my thoughts were interrupted as she continued on, "What are you doing here Raz? I thought with yesterday you wouldn't be setting foot on this land again." She asked coyly.
"Uuhh, about that.." I started but the words were stumbling to get out of my mouth, "Well you see I just, thought maybe... I could.." I guess I couldn't form words, and I knew my face was telling quite the amusing portrayal of this.
"I am just sorry Moon, I mean really..." the words finally escaped and I was relieved, though dumbfounded by my actions, how could this woman make me so tongue tied. "I want you to take a ride with me, if you think we can start on a different foot today?" I asked, ever so hopeful.
And then I saw it, that smile once again, at least she hadn't denied me.
"I just want to make sure you've gotten to see this place, I mean you said it's been a while.." I inched my way in the wrong direction but only for a moment, "and maybe somethings have changed, plus these horses need exercised, conditioned if you're coming back to ranch that is." Waaay to pull it off I thought to myself, though only ever so cocky.
She snorted a soft little laugh at my direction, "Oh you think this place is going to change that much?! Five years isn't anything for such a small place like this, though granted the new arena is massive, and a good installment to Appaloosa Plains... as for these horses... I guess you're right," she stopped a moment, smiling before continuing, "I always wanted to be a rancher, especially when I was little." She confessed, and I found myself staring.
"Me too, I mean when the system finally landed me here. I guess you could say I wanted to be a lot of things growing up but finally rancher, farmer..." I felt myself getting embarrassed as I flapped my berry lips. "But that's for another time, maybe you can make me some more chai of your mother's." I winked, and smiled at her... pretty sure it was looking horrible, whatever I was attempting to come off like.
With that, and the laughter I could hear her beginning to make I moved passed her to saddle up the horses. "By the way, I will be taking Rosy, I am sure you've had a bond with Ghost since he was a foal soooo let's get going, I have a place I want to show you."
(Go to the next page for part two, since the background keeps being weird. LMAO)
;Great Story, I am really enjoying it,You are very talented. Keep up the amazing work :-D!!!!
ReplyDelete-Sunflower
Thank you soooo very much Sunflower! <3 I am definitely going to keep it up!
Delete