Friday, January 6, 2012

1.7 (Sept)

Author's Note: Sooo I kind of suck at time-lines for this story. LOL I know it's autumn but for the sake of the season I am going to keep things relatively around the Christmas theme because well it's Christmas and I can't let go of it just yet. Especially in this story for now. <3 I love the decorations and I muuuussst soak them up before the holiday passes LOL! >.<! So hopefully no one will really care if certain events coming up will happen around this time of year in-game.. I am going to pretend Berries have special abilities say a certain AHEM happens and it's been that season for like two seconds. *PRETENDS* >:( Hah! I would also like to thank Lynnwood for letting me use Tyrian Mango-Lotus for my story! Read on!

The holidays were joyously around us and I was developing my baby bump quite fast and craving all sorts of things. Besides foods I also craved nesting, and with that came the magical ability to multitask baking with home decorating. The last time I had even thought about decorations for Christmas was... Great Berry, ages ago. It had to have been before I ran to Bridgeport. I wasn't always a fan of holidays but this little muffin baking in my own oven sort of had its own magical abilities to make me do things, besides throw up and cry at the drop of a dime.



The tree went up, with Raz's help of course. I doubt I could handle that 7 footer. Come to think of it he did a lot of the heavy lifting and the nailing of the stockings and other decorations. Maybe I was too haste in thinking it was all my nesting skills. Overall I was thankful for his much needed help.



I was admiring the tree after just putting up the last snowflake. I knew we had the tree's decorations somewhere and once I found them I was brought back to a different time in my head. Raz's arm slipped around my growing waist and we stood there admiring the job we had done. Not too shabby I suppose. It all reminded me of my mother and I suppose Raz could tell.

"What's wrong?" His head turned toward me as he was looking at my mystified gaze upon the Christmas tree.

"I was thinking," I started, "about my mother and how I haven't really told you about her." I wouldn't let my gaze waiver from it's direction.



"You don't have to, but I would like to know the woman that brought up such a lovely piece of pie like yourself." He joked, but squeezed me closer. He had an interesting sense of humor but none the less it really made me want to break out of my shell.



"It was my dad," I started once more, "but not like what you mean. I do blame him a lot for what happened. He would always blame her for everything." I said, coldly.



"Hey you don't have to tell me," Raz said suddenly, moving to my other side, his hands on my hips squeezing lightly.



He then took my hands and moved me over towards the chess table, "What's going on?" I asked, being slightly interrupted wasn't bad but I was confused.

"Let's at least get you off your feet," he said, I thought he was joking but sure enough he wasn't and we ended up on the floor like some teenagers.



"Oh so this is me getting off my feet?" I asked as I was the one slightly sitting up as he laid down and nestled his head into my lap.. or at least tried to with the belly that was soon to be taking all of my front side over. At least that's how I imagined it in my head, hah.

"I just want you to know you don't have to talk about her if it upsets you?" He asked again, to reassure me.

"You know I think I am more embarrassed," I began, "because it was so long ago and..." I stopped for a moment and admired the dimples on Raz's face, his smile put me at ease. "Well it was an accident and I think mostly I just blame my father for it because she wasn't even supposed to be going there."

"Going where?"

"Sugar Valley, she took off one weekend after a fight and just kind of left me here." I said, realizing how that may look and even then I went back in time to question why I hadn't just blamed her instead. "Her flight crashed a few hours after boarding. And then I just hated him, I didn't even think to hate her because she was my mother. She always seemed to be on my father's bad side." I sullenly said.

Raz's smile faded only a moment before his hand on my shoulder reassured my confidence in dealing with the trauma. "I am so sorry, love." It wasn't much but it helped me continue.



"I don't know why they would fight, ever since I was little. We'd take trips to Sugar Valley, to Champs le Sims... it was normal to me. Sometimes my mom wasn't there, but when I was 8 she was always around and then it was my father who wasn't there. He'd always take off, not just for shows but back home to the chateau." I was still puzzled even if I was all grown up I didn't realize what had happened to the happy family I once knew, or if I even knew what a happy family was. "If only he hadn't fueled it more, he just blamed her and I hated him for it even more. Was I a bad child?" I asked meekly.



"What?" Raz said puzzled, "none of it is your fault, Moon. I can understand the hatred, but you can't allow it to rule your ideas of what should or shouldn't be." His hand rubbed against my shoulder, and he moved his cheek into my growing belly. "You shouldn't feel embarrassed about an accident that happened almost ten years ago. You're the most wonderful thing to happen to me, for Berry's sake!" He stated proudly, kissing my stomach afterwards.



"You know, I should really use that advice more often." I teased, but felt the slight pang of tears swelling in my eyes. I fought them of course. "This little Berry inside me will really need us, and having found you I think we'll do just fine." I bent down and kissed his forehead. After spilling it all out I thought I would be angry even more but oddly enough I just felt more relief knowing that I was growing and living for the future of us rather than what was behind me.



We stayed in that evening, planning the dinner for the up coming weekend. I was happy him and Winks got a long, and I was even curious as to who he might end up bringing. I even rang up Coco, it was so good to have her in my life again. I wanted to know how long they were going to be staying in AP, either way I was glad I had someone to confide in.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


I was growing into a pumpkin, I was pretty sure, for Berry's sake! But at least I had an excuse if I wanted seconds! I decided that this dinner would be something more of a kickback. I knew Coco and Winks were coming, along with Wink's mysterious date? I shrugged at the thought, amused none the less. I also made sure to give an invite to the Miller's. Quincy said Maisy and her mother had decided to spend this weekend in Sunset Valley so he said he might stop by.



Mmmm... random dinner. Dim Sum, and some Goopy Carbonara. I wanted to make everything but I had to stick with certain foods because I knew Coco loved Dim Sum, as did Quincy. Winks was always a fan of the Goopy with Raz kind of enjoying whatever I was making. I constantly was giving him a food baby!



Quincy managed to be the first one to arrive, and very shortly followed by a few knocks and the few guests that I had invited. Among them were two faces I hadn't met before. I only could guess that the girl was Wink's crush, the man accompanying her must have been a relative they looked an awful lot alike. Both were such attractive Berries, and I secretly rooted for Winks in the back of my mind!



Everyone gathered in the kitchen, a place I once thought couldn't be any bigger but with just three guests, Raz and myself I wished that it was indeed bigger. The meal was good, at least everyone didn't complain. I was introduced to Amethyst and I had guessed right, her brother. His name, Tyrian, they both came from Sugar Valley but resided in Bridgeport mostly since Tyrian was making the big Simoleons making people famous. I guess the band had hit a whole new level since I left them, I wasn't upset but relieved as to where I was now.





After dinner we gathered in the den and got to talking once more. Amethyst did not seemed amused with the story her brother was trying to tell Winks. I cuddled up with my love, and watched Coco out of the corner of my eye. She seemed a little put off and quiet this evening. She just sat there and stared off into the old record player that was playing a few oldies from way before our time. I think it was giving her inspiration for her recent, and mostly clothed, look. Hahah.



"Why such a bum tonight Coco?" Winks asked her, perhaps reading my mind.

"I am not being a bum, Winks... I am just soaking up this moment." She replied, but oddly she seemed preoccupied with some menacing thought.



"You might have to go give that one some holiday cheer," Raz whispered, I could sense his sarcasm but I knew he was just being his friendly self. I could agree with giving some cheer to Coco, though it might have to be in the liquid form. Too bad I couldn't be doing any of that myself, I decided I would just have to keep her company and find out what was bothering her.



As I got up so did everyone else, it seemed like everyone wanted to socialize all at once. Winks of course couldn't help but consume all the space around Amethyst. I noticed Coco looking on, slightly annoyed. I wonder what that look was all about? I asked myself as I made my way over to where she stood in front of the record player looking for a new record to put on.



"What's going on in that head of yours?" I asked Coco, watching the record spin.

"Oh," she seemed caught off guard for a moment, "nothing really, Moony. I am just... tired." She lied, but I let it go. "Do you remember that time we would put your dad's old truck gate down and dance to Sugarplum & the Berry Hoppers?" Coco laughed as she asked and looked my way.



"Who could forget? Remember I would use the curry combs from the barn? Great Berries those things were dirrrttyy." I laughed, reminiscing. "But I think I can't get over how we'd perform for the 'audience'," that being the neighborhood, "they probably all thought we were plumbobs crazy!" I began to then demonstrate exactly the funky little dance we used to do on my dad's old truck tail gate. Coco following up with her own version, and thus began the crazy dance in the corner.

I looked over to Winks as he was in some awkward conversation with Amethyst, I giggled. I guess it caught Coco's attention and she became slightly annoyed.





"What's wrong?" I asked.



"You know, we kind of.." she began stumbling for words, "sort of hooked up, after you took off. Well actually before you took off." She confessed, looking over to Winks.



"Oh my Berry, why didn't I know?" I was surprised, our dancing had ceased just for this moment.

"It was just a one time... a few times thing." She laughed, "but sometimes I get kind of jealous. Plus what does he even see in that tall, Berrizonian thing?" She looked over quickly again. I could tell she was definitely in her childish state of mind, and I couldn't help but laugh at it.



"Hey Winks is a good guy, but I think like all guys he doesn't have a clue." I tried my best to stick up for him, but it was the truth he probably didn't even realize I had a crush on him for what seemed like forever when we were 15.

"I don't know, I guess I just don't like it." She snubbed at the situation. "But whatevs, tell me about the baby!" She really knew how to change the subject up fast.



"Wellll it's a baby, and it's inside of me." I joked, looking over towards Raz and Tyrian as they chatted it up on the sofa.

"Oh Berries, aren't you obvious, don't be such a tarte." Coco snapped, but laughed none the less. "Any names yet? Do you even know what it is?" She seemed very amused with the muffin in my oven.

"Maybe, but I want it to be a surprise. Names are difficult... I really haven't thought about it." I said, looking back to Coco. "When are you going to pop one out? I mean you guys seem to not be leaving AP anytime soon."

"Tyrian has some tour dates coming up soon, but you know holidays and shit." She rolled her eyes and dipped down, "you know I think you're doing it wrong."



I laughed and just shook my head, I can't believe I grew up doing this. In moments like these I really missed being around the band, and maybe even missed the city but maybe it was just the baby brain.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Razzmatazz's PoV




I watched on as my love took off for the corner to cheer up that cold tarte she called a friend. I guess you could say I didn't get a good vibe from her but I let it be.

"So, who are you rooting for?" Tyrian caught me off slightly, and I looked at him confused as to what he meant. "Teams, my man! I really think the Llamas have been falling behind in yards this year, but I was always a fan of the Bridgeport Berry Busters. You?" He stood beside me looking quite enthused.



"Oooh! Well I grew up here so I guess I am always a Boolprops fan at heart!" I boasted, and then plopped myself down on the sofa.

"Oh come on they are total cheats, did you see that last play?" He went on as he sat next to me, it was refreshing to have someone else around to talk game with.



"Well I think they have a fighting chance against the Llamas at least. Mandango Cumin, is starting this year. I think he gives me hope." I laughed and shook my head. "So how long have you been working with the band?" I was truly curious.

"Well I never got to work with that little sugar of yours." He winked, I didn't take offense, this guy kind of had me in his pocket at first sight! Hah!

"Yah I don't think she's ever played for me, yet. Or sang for me.. I think I might have to bribe her one of these days but for now she kind of has the say in things around here." I smiled proudly.

"She looks like she's going to pop any day, that's an amazing thing my man!" His words really made me feel at ease with the upcoming event of child birthing and I didn't even want to touch that with a ten foot May pole!

"Any kids yourself?" I asked.



"No, just Amethyst, she's a few years younger than me but she's more child than anything sometimes! Kind of look out for her, but since she's helping with planning this crazy tour I am kind of thankful. We're always traveling." He said, glancing over to where Winks and Amethyst were heavy in chat, or awkward in chat. However you looked at it.



"I can understand that, but you're always welcome to come watch the game over here I mean if you guys plan on sticking around for a bit." I suggested, plus I needed another man around or else I was going to go plumbobs crazy.

"It sounds like a man date, sir!" Tyrian joked, "I definitely will bring the brews!"

I admired Moon from afar as she and Coco danced rather funky in the corner, I watched her baby belly bounce around slightly. I laughed to myself but overall I thought in that instance that I wanted more than anything to grow old with that crazy berry in the corner making a fool of herself. More than anything. The night ended pleasantly, Tyrian and I were even starting a beautiful bromance. It was one of the first times I truly felt like I had a family, and I planned on keeping it that way.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Moon's PoV





It was about 6:10 in the morning, a few days after the party. I wasn't sure what woke me up but it was definitely not pleasant whatsoever. The pain rushed through my body, shaking me from my dreams. I slowly rolled myself out of the bed, "Ugh... ouch." I hissed softly, breathing in deeply.



"Raz?" I asked, with no answer. I turned around while my hands gripped at my stomach, perhaps rubbing it would comfort the pain of contractions. "Raz?!" I noticed his side of the bed had already been made up, when had he left? I asked but soon was distracted by yet another rush of pain through the lower half of my body.



"RAZ?!" I whined out loudly, still no answer, not even Ripple's response. Where had he gone so early? The pain was getting worse, and fast, I had no way of getting out of the house and driving myself. Raz, where are you, I need you. I said to myself as I held back the cries of pain, clutching my stomach. I felt the wetness in my panties only after a moment, realizing the fluid was moving down my thighs and calves and onto the floorboards below me. Oh fuck, Great Berries... my water?!



I had to call the ambulance, this wasn't good and where in plumbobs was my Raz?!

2 comments: