Periwinkle's PoV
"What are you mumbling about, Coco?" I asked rather short, not intentionally.
"What?" I heard her mumbling still, "nothing." She whimpered from underneath the shelter of her arms. "My fault..." she barely made it audible.
"Ugh for Berry's sake you make no sense." I said, rolling my eyes a bit. "Hey Mysty." I looked over towards the hospital room's window. "Have you talked to your brother yet?"
"Uhh yah, he said he'd make a red-eye from Bridgeport. He finalized some of the tour, I mean if you guys want to go still.. I mean after.." She stopped suddenly and kind of looked down, becoming quiet once more.
"It's okay, I am sure this will be okay." I was trying to make the room positive, it was hard to say the least.
"Yah right.." Coco again barely audible from her position.
"Moon should be waking up soon, I hope.. I am just glad they got her into the OR as soon as they did." I sighed and looked over toward her resting up in the uncomfortable looking bed.
"Someone has to tell her," Coco said again, raising her head up to look at Moon from the chair.
"I know..." I made sure to not look away from Moon.
Coco got up, "I think she's waking up!" She wasn't sure though as we looked at each other perhaps not sure which one of us would have to break the news to her.
"Moony...?" Coco spoke out, her tone shaking.
I wasn't sure if I was scared of her stirring, waking up or that at that moment I was unsure as to how the next few moments would play out. Perhaps I could wait just until she fully woke up? I questioned myself before looking over to where Moon's form was sitting up on the edge of the hospital bed.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Moon's PoV
My head felt so groggy. What in the name of Berry happened? I felt so sore, the numbing pain in my abdomen made me wretch slightly as I pulled myself to the edge of the bed, and off of it. I looked down, my vision fighting to focus how exhausted I was.
"Raz?" I whispered momentarily before stumbling a few steps, and looking down fully to my front and how flat it seemed.
I hadn't even realized I wasn't alone in the room until I looked up to see three familiar faces, Winks, Coco and Amethyst were all settled up near the walls. What were they doing here?
Coco made her way over to me, quickly and wrapped me up in her arms. I held onto her, subconsciously reacting I suppose. What did I just go through? My body shook and I overacted, sniffling, whimpering with confusion.
"What just happened?" I asked, hoping that everything was fine with the baby, please let everything be fine with that baby. I begged whatever Great Berry was listening.
"Yes, he's fine!" Coco's voice was muffled as she had her face buried into my neck and hair.
He? I held back my tears but a few slipped past my defenses and I broke down for a moment. "He? It's a boy?!" I was truly surprised as Coco pulled away from me and nodded. Out of the corner of my eye I could see Amethyst and Winks talking, their faces full of uncertainty but I only can assume it was because of my very emergent trip to the hospital. Winks brought his hand up to his forehead, I let it go though, more than anything I wanted to see this little Berry I brought into this world.
"I want to see him..." I looked at Coco, who was now holding back her own tears.
"I have to go... I.. I am so sorry Moon." Coco then made her way to the doorway and I was left confused and looking at Winks who was saying something to Amethyst. I wobbled to the door and slipped out before Winks or Amethyst could stop me. The hallway was bright and I wandered down it just a bit, that is until I approached the large glass window. Inside I could tell it was the nursery, my heart started pounding wildly. My excitement grew immensely as I grew closer.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Coco's PoV
I couldn't resisting sobbing, I couldn't believe it. I couldn't believe any of it. What did I allow him to do?
"Damnit Puck... what in the Berry have you done now?!" I gasped in between sobs, my tone deathly low as I made my way away from Moon's room, I had to get out of there before guilt consumed me.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Periwinkle's PoV
"You should really be here for her, I am going to probably go pick up Tyrian. I think I will stop by your brother's as well." Amethyst seemed weary as she mentioned going over to Puck's.
"Yah, you should do that, I don't even know how I am going to let her know." I sighed watching Coco vanish out the door all of a sudden. What in plumbob was she doing, acting so sketchy. I then noticed Moon moving out the door herself, I quickly looked over to Mysty and nodded.
"I will call you once I let her know what's going on. But make sure not to let Puck come up here, I doubt it'd be good for anyone."
"No problem Winks..." Mysty whispered, nodding.
I slipped out after Moon, looking up and down the hallways until I finally caught her out of the corner of my eye. It was the nursery, at least she could see him momentarily. I just wasn't sure how I was going to tell her about Raz.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Moon's PoV
Through the glare on the glass I could make out four little bassinets, only one was filled up. I was overjoyed, I didn't have to have some nurse tell me that it was my child. He was such a darling little berry. I stared at him, raising my hands to the glass as I felt overwhelmed with more love than anyone could imagine. "My little boy..." I whispered.
"Raz?" I asked, though again my question was met with silence. But the hand around my waist was so comforting and my thoughts only ran back to Raz.
"I am sorry Moon, it's just me." The familiar voice was Wink's.
"Isn't he gorgeous?" I asked, my eyes never teetered from the little berry in front. He looked like his father, but I wasn't fully sure until I could get closer. "Is he alright? I know he's early..."
"Yes, he's perfect, just needs to stay in the hospital for a little bit, but Moony..." Winks started to say something and my stomach wretched as I felt something omnipotent coming.
"I think Raz will be so happy, where is he?" I still had no idea where he was or why he hadn't been there when I woke up.
"Raz.. Moony, you should sit down." His voice was stammering but soft, and sweet he then reached down to squeeze my hand gently. I didn't realize what he was reassuring me for.
"I don't want to, I want to see my little boy." I whined, looking away as his hand moved up my back toward my shoulders.
"Raz has been in an accident, Moon. His brain is still quite swollen and I am not sure what else but he's... he's actually here too." Winks voice searched for the words even then I could hear how broken up he was even saying all of it. I couldn't do anything but stare off momentarily as if I hadn't heard a word.
"Moony, I am so sorry..." He said it choking on the words. "He is in the touch and go for now, they weren't sure what happened. You came by ambulance and they couldn't find a next of kin..."
I broke down, I wanted Raz to be here more than anything and now he wasn't and now it was even worse. I couldn't believe a word Winks was saying but all I could do was fall into his arms.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Later the nurses allowed me into Raz's room. I still couldn't find the pieces to this puzzle, and the pangs of heartache rose and fell with each step. I still couldn't believe what I was seeing, bruises and cuts with bandages wrapping up my beloved. I couldn't shake this nightmare all I could do was watch as the monitors and respirators all pumped a new kind of life into his body. They all were helping but I still wasn't sure how this all could have happened. I cried, it was the only rational thing I could do besides break down even further.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
The private hospital was accommodating to me for a few days as I visited Raz off and on, I also finally got to hold onto Rouge... Rouge Cosmo Blunder. I would think Raz would approve, but thinking too much on it pushed me over the edge. I cradled our berry bundle of joy and calmed his fears, humming softly as I only hoped that everything would turn around. It just had to, right?
What happened to Raz?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
ReplyDeleteOMG you are such a sweetheart... I got all your comments sooo late and I feel so bad. But thank you for reading... I kind of ranted off in the latest post... but your comments really inspire me to work on this story once more. I just need to gather up the rest of my motivation for Rouge's story. :)
Delete