I sat there, misty eyed, guilt ridden but overall completely angry. I couldn't believe he had written... over a year ago! He knew my life had fallen apart after the band broke up, after Bridgeport consumed all of my youth. Especially after the incident that caused this rift he knew was inevitable. But the paper, thin and worn at the edges was within my grasp. It looked aged, like him I am sure, being nestled in the hillsides of Champs les Sims only having postage from last week. Why did it take him so long to reach out to me? I pondered many harsh questions, over and over until I couldn't take it anymore. I read the letter once again, it was so simple, yet dug deep within my bones to my core.
He always called me his petite poupée, his little doll. He would tell me stories of how he had met my mother when he was vacationing in Sugar Valley. It was a whirl wind love and it took them to many places, including here, Appaloosa Plains. I grew up on this ranch, it's rustic touches here and there, the faint feel of French countryside that my father had brought with him from Champs les Sims, infused with my mother's good ol' Berry touches. The last time I remember being here was turning 17 and the controlling hold my father had on me broke my spirit. I just joined up with my best friend then, Coco Soda, she desperately wanted me to join her band; Coco and the Pops. That was the night I left home, but the last night I tore myself from it all was the night my mother died. I hadn't come to grips with it, with what he had done. I blame him still to this day, he doesn't realize how much he could have done to save her and instead he ran away. But what am I accusing him of, when I have done the same. I wasn't sure what I could possibly find at the ranch, all those precious moments and memories were long in the past. I held back tears as I sat there and sulked, and took in everything that had happened in the last day or two, in the last 5 years really... Elysian Skies Ranch, how could you possibly mend the broken spirit within?
(Thank you for taking the time to get a taste of what the beginning of my legacy/story/rainbowcy/ponies challenge will be. I am going to give you links to the sources of the parchment I used and the font I used as well. :) And to make note, I am not fluent in French, so forgive me I am actually using a translator. I hope that doesn't send anyone running away! Please forgive me! :E)
Parchment Paper by sinnedaria
Little Sparrow font from dafont.com by A C
Sugar Valley is from berrypie27's site!
Great prologue. It was amazing, felt like a was reading a professional book.
ReplyDelete<3 :) I know I have replied to this on the forums but reading it again makes me super happy! You rock!
DeleteI really like the start!
ReplyDeleteI thought I should comment before I continue to the other chapters right now :)
Your method of writing and chapter-building looks very professional and interesting.
Yay I am so happy you enjoyed it! :) And thank you for commenting on my method, I have no idea what I am doing, tbh. But hopefully it'll be more fluid later! <3
DeleteI was introduced to this story through a new Sims magazine called Simplified Living and I agree that you have a nice touch and way with words.
ReplyDeleteWow, blew my mind! I love this comment, and thanks for reading! I love SIMplified Living Magazine! I actually just joined their staff not too long ago! :3
DeleteThis was incredible! Including the letter from her father so creative! :)
ReplyDelete