The days passing, from that moment I told Raz, were kind of bumpy though blissful. We hadn't really sat down to talk about the situation, I suppose we were riding high on just feeling happy in that honeymoon phase. I was growing so tired, mostly just exhausted from vomiting whenever I seemed to smell something funky, ate anything or thought of of either of those options! But in the end I was flying high on pregnancy brain! The afternoons were becoming more sunny, though the chill in the air was still that of crisp autumn and winter breezes. I had found out Rosy was with foal and though it was late in the year I knew she was going to work out fine when the foal finally came. And it happened the one weekend after my own big news came about! A little colt, I proudly dubbed him Sir Zephyr Star! I was proud of the awarding winning Ghost Buster and the ever charming Rosy Starling for bringing such an adorable foal into this world. I was also just happy that Elysian Skies was so alive with new bundles of life happening on it's acres!
"I am so very proud of you two," I approached the two animals slowly, smiling. "You'll get your legs working soon enough," I told the little Zephyr, moving my hands out toward him slowly but never really touching him since he was still so brand new to everything that was going on around him.
Perhaps it was just me and my hormones but I was nesting quite easily this time of year. It all surprised me, maybe a little too much I would catch myself wanting to cry for no reason because of the beauty of it all. I also found myself thinking about the past and even wishing my father was at the ranch, he still hadn't a clue. But I would snap myself back from that teetering moment and know I just wasn't ready to let him back into my life. I finished spending some time with Rosy and Zephyr before the autumn wind started to creep itself up all around me. It was about nap time anyway!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Razzmatazz's PoV
I found myself wanting to spend more time at the ranch, I needed to keep an eye on Moon, at all costs. I wasn't sure why I felt like that but I knew since she told me about our expectant bundle that I was more protective than ever. I am sure some women would have hated that but I think Moon was more comfortable with it especially since that last run in with Puck. He seemed to have done a number on her, as did her father. I still didn't quite understand but I was sure she'd open up to me sooner or later, for now I was just happy.
I looked down at her as she slept on the couch, it brought some peace to my mind. I couldn't shake the feeling of uncertainty for the future or for that of the little Berry growing inside of her, but I couldn't do much but ignore these hesitant feelings. Maybe if I read something, and chilled out. It wasn't as if being a rancher was putting anyone in danger but I knew things were weird around here long before Moon ever returned. I was so thankful to Cane, but as I reviewed my past memories of him I knew something might be off.
Fuck, let it go Raz... I kept telling myself as I looked at the bookshelf, its books were lined with dust and I knew no one had touched these in quite some time. As I grabbed a book on DIY or something or other another book fell to the floor with a loud thud. I suppose they were all squeezed in there pretty tight. That's when I noticed it...
I looked down at the brown, elegantly bound book. There was something peeking out from the bottom corner, it must have been loosened and almost fell out when the book fell. Is that a photo? I asked myself as I bent down and picked them both up.
The cover was rough around the edges with a dark stain splashed on most of the cover, and I could tell it was a journal. I ignored the fact as I took the picture out from between the pages. It was in decent shape considering it must have been about ten years old. Immediately I recognized Moon and her father, Cane. The woman beside him must have been his late wife, I think her name was Luna but I hadn't really thought of it much since I inquired those years ago. Moon looked so young and I instantly thought about the child she was carrying and if maybe it could be a girl and if this is what I would be expecting. Of course it brought a smile to my lips because Moon looked the same as ever though take ten years from now. These two versions seemed worlds apart especially since the family was all together in this photo, it must have been in happier times.
Curiosity spurred me a moment as I moved over to the couch, glancing over to Moon just a moment before settling down to open the journal. It looked like a woman's handwriting. Perhaps it was Moon's? I thought about it momentarily before skimming over a random entry. It was dated exactly eleven years prior, Moon would have been... I think 14 at the time. The handwriting itself was elegant and I could only assume it must have been her mother's instead. Nothing against you darling. I glanced over to her resting and laughed to myself.
My eyes skimmed the pages, and the last entry puzzled me but before I could start over and get a clear understanding I felt my beloved stirring next to me.
"Moon?" My eyes looked over at her rising form before looking back at the book.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Moon's PoV
I arose and stretched, yawning as I propped myself up on the sofa. It was so comfy but I knew I couldn't sleep too long or else I would get cranky. It was like a lose lose situation where I just couldn't escape what my body was doing to me. I hadn't noticed Raz on the couch until I rubbed my eyes of their sleepers and looked over, catching him shove a book between himself and the couch.
"What's that?" I asked, my still a bit sleepy.
"I.. I found something of your mother's." Raz confessed, but left the book there, his hand still had a piece of paper in it though. Was it paper? It looked like an old photo.
"Oh, what is it? And what's that?" I asked about what he was holding.
"It's an old photo of you and your family, this must be your mother, am I right?" He asked, inching closer and wrapping his arms around me.
I did look at it, taking it into my hands and smiling. "It is, wow, it's so old but it looks like it was taken just yesterday!" I laughed softly. "This was when we were coming back from a show... no, no this was when I think we had just came back from Champs le Sims." My eyes examined the photo, it brought me back to a different time but I felt relief rather than disgust when I looked at my father's face.
"I didn't realize you guys traveled so much, I guess I don't know too much about you at all." Raz stated, I could sense he was curious and was trying to inquire more into what the photo meant.
"I.. I am so sorry, you're right I don't think I ever told you about my mother. I just think it was something so long ago. She was in an accident." I hushed my tone and looked at him, I was about to go on but Ripple decided to was the best time to jump into my lap. I was kind of thankful at the timing since I wasn't sure if I could talk about it without bursting into a rather unneeded pregnancy cry.
"Oh well Ripple, way to bust that moment." Raz jokingly spoke toward his dog. I expected him to at least ask more about what had happened but he surprised me with, "We can always talk about this later I think we need to get out of this house though. We're turning into prunes!" I agreed there, I felt like I was well over my current age and needed a dose of fresh, autumn air to help me wake up! I also was so glad Raz was considerate not to push the subject.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
We ended up at a dog park, the sun was about to set and we had been there a while watching Ripple enjoy a good time. That's when a familiar face caught my eye, he was pointing obnoxiously but overall I was excited to see him.
"Winks!" I shouted, looking over at the man as he stopped his evening jog.
"Moony!" He shouted back, surprised as much as I was.
It was kind of surprising to run into Periwinkle, but I was relieved it wasn't his older brother. I made my way towards him, I felt slight butterflies in my stomach since it had been so long since we last saw each other.
"How have you been?!" I asked, enthusiastically.
"Great, actually. Kind of glad to be back, it's been such a crazy break from Bridgeport. Too much bullshit and boolprop, and drama." He replied, in his own enthusiastic tone.
"I am sure it is, have you ran into any old conquests? Or did you finally make it that big they are just hanging out off you?" I teased. I remembered how Puck had it easy with the women even if I hated it, it was Winks that was more of the guys' guy, the man who was too nice for the ladies of Bridgeport.
"Not really, kind of seeing someone but I mean I can't tell where that's going to lead. She's kind of the sister of our agent." He said looking down and blushing slightly.
"Hey.. you know, I am sure you deserve it." I said, hoping to give him a boost of confidence. "This is Raz, by the way." I looked over to Raz, smiling. "He's sort of this thing, I can't tell where it's going to lead, though." I joked, looking at Raz to see his reaction.
"I would hope it lead somewhere especially since I kind of have a muffin in that oven." He snickered and I blushed.
"Wait! What? Moony, little Moonbeam is all knocked up?" Winks looked at me and was awestruck. I just nodded. "Well good job sir," he glanced at Raz, "and it's great to meet you, I am Periwinkle. I am sure you might know me as Winks though if you know this silly Berry." He motioned in my direction.
"It's great to meet you, finally. Moon's has quite the interesting friends." Raz boasted in reply.
I just nodded, still slightly fueled with excitement from being able to feel relief for Winks knowing of my current condition.
"That's wonderful, I am happy for you guys. You know I have missed you a lot, it wasn't the same after you took off. But I am glad you did, Bridgeport is like a mind trip you wanna get away from sometimes." Winks laughed and squeezed my shoulder a little.
"You know we're having a dinner coming up soon, you should come over for the holidays... bring your special friend too, if you want." I winked and giggled.
"You know that sounds like a good idea, I will have to tell you about our last show, or something. Who knows, but I have to make sure this little Berry has his or her Uncle Winks around!" He amused us all as he said this towards my stomach. "It was great meeting you Raz, I am sure we'll be able to catch up soon, and get to know each other even more! I definitely have to tell you some stories!"
"Sounds like a fine idea, Periwinkle." They exchanged a mighty handshake and I felt overwhelmed with happiness. It was so good to finally catch up with old friends without the old bullshit!
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Author Note II: I wanted to make this chapter a bit shorter, I was actually going to add more but I think I will be leaving that until the next chapter! :) It's been such a long road to put things together and I am so glad you guys have been super supportive even though I personally feel like I kind of had a bit of a struggle. I am working with poses and just kind of testing the waters of what I can do so hopefully my chapters will start to get more creative! And I know this seems to leave a few things open-ended or just open for future reference and exploration so don't fret! Anyway until next time guys! <3
I love Moon's relationship with Winks! I hope Raz becomes good friends with him. And Sir Zephyr Star is sooo cute!!!
ReplyDelete